LILY TRANSPORTATION TRUCKING SERVICES
PROVIDING VETERANS OPPORTUNITIES
Thank you for your service and the sacrifice you and your family made. We hope this scholarship program will assist a Lily veteran or family member achieve their life’s ambition. Lily hopes to award up to four $5,000 scholarships to deserving applicants for the fall of 2021.
SEE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR THE VETERAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Any Lily Transportation military veteran with a qualifying spouse or child is eligible to apply for these scholarships. The applicant must be enrolled full or part-time during fall 2021 in an accredited college, university, or trade school, working toward a degree or certificate program. The successful candidate will demonstrate academic excellence, engagement in the community, and a strong sense of integrity and service.
MEET THE CRITERIA BELOW IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED
- – DD214 showing honorable discharge from military service of the Lily employee or a qualified family member of a Lily employee.
- – If applicant is a qualified veteran member of a Lily employee’s family, then documentation of the relationship must be provided.
- – Proof of acceptance at an accredited college, university, or trade school for the fall of 2021.
- – A written document answering the following:
A – Why are you attending this institution?
B – What are your academic or co-curricular interests?
C – How will receiving the Lily scholarship impact you?
D – What are your goals and future aspirations?
- – Your essay should be 300-500 words. What does “engaged citizenship” mean to you? Please share a time when you have engaged in service or leadership in the community (school, church, local or other community). What contribution(s) do you believe you made, and why was that a valuable experience?
- – Please include any academic and non-academic accomplishments, personal characteristics, and/or life experiences that make you uniquely worthy of scholarship consideration.
APPLICATION DEADLINE & SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
PROGRAM DECISION INFORMATION
The decision of the veteran committee is final.
Application material must be submitted by June 1, 2021 to:
Successful applicants will be notified July 15, 2021.
Scholarship winners agree to use of their picture and essay on Lily’s website.
Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the educational institution upon submission of copies of expenses due.